Lightening the load for those in need.
The last thing any parent should have to worry about when a child is diagnosed with cancer or a serious blood disorder is money. But in truth, the financial burden these devastating diseases place on families can be back breaking. At Tomorrows Children's Fund, we've learned that by lightening the financial load, we can help make this difficult time a little easier to bear.
To this end, we strive to meet the needs of those who are financially
overwhelmed with a full spectrum of services including:
- Assistance with mortgage, utility and car payments.
- Complimentary accommodations in furnished apartments near the
medical center for parents whose children require lengthy hospital
stays while undergoing bone marrow transplants or other extended
- Gift certificates from local supermarket chain stores for families
in need of grocery supplies.
- Donations of coats, jackets and other suitable items for children
and family members without adequate winter clothing.
- A no-cost wig program for children facing hair loss during treatment.
- Appropriately sized clothing for those undergoing weight changes
while under medical care.
- Educational grants for patients enrolled in college or secondary
education who maintain passing grades.
In addition to our direct financial aid programs, Tomorrow's Children's Fund also offers an array of free activities, events and support services for the children and those who love them. Play therapy. The entertainment of clowns and magicians. Monthly patient outings and excursions. Learning programs. Sibling support groups. Bereavement counseling. They're all designed to ease the suffering of children and families on their long and difficult journey. And they're all provided at no cost through Tomorrows Children's Fund.